People don’t usually put a lot of thought into buying a selfie stick, but they really should. Given how widely popular they are and because they are in such high demand, selfie sticks don’t always have to meet the same structural standards, nor are they expected to be easy to deploy, light in weight, or accommodating in nature. This is due to the fact that many such contraptions are inflexible by design and feel a bit cheap to the touch.
Be that as it may, there are still plenty of good selfie sticks out there, hidden among the many cheaper, unreliable models. If you do your research properly, however, you are bound to find a good one in no time. To do that, you must first understand what makes a good selfie stick and what characteristics to look for when buying one. To give you some pointers, we put together a list of the ten best selfie sticks money can buy.
10. Mazichands Wired Selfie Stick
The Mazichands Wired Selfie Stick is a great one in regards to flexibility and handling. It is not only easy to set up but it is simple to use as well. The only connection is through the audio port and the built-in button is used for capturing perfect selfies. The selfie stick has an extendable arm that reaches a maximum of 40 inches to capture wide angled images and videos. Your phone will always be secure in the large holder feature that can hold devices between 8.5cm to 3.36 inches in size. At the same time, this selfie stick is quite light in weight and built to be compatible with virtually all smartphones out there.
9. SUDO Adjustable Selfie Stick
The SUDO Selfie Stick is a unique product because it works as both a selfie stick as well as a tripod for your action camera or smartphone. There is also a detachable remote to help you capture images and videos wirelessly and with a single click. Capture photos at an amazing 360-degree angle rotation or check the rotation of the neck at a maximum of 225 degrees. The remote comes with a 65 mAh battery that can be used to capture 50,000 photos and from a maximum distance of 10 meters. The stick is compatible with all Android and Apple devices.
8. Zuumo Heavy Duty Premium Selfie Stick
Built using heavy-duty materials, the Zuumo Premium Selfie Stick is definitely one of the most durable products in the category. The unique selfie stick and tripod is compatible with a large number of Android smartphones, Apple smartphones, digital cameras, and GoPro action cameras. It is extremely lightweight and is waterproof which makes it perfect for any occasion. The wireless Bluetooth remote makes it easy to capture images and videos from a maximum distance of 10 meters. In selfie mode, the arm extends several inches to get images and videos from incredible angles.
7. Humixx 2-in-1 Wireless Remote Controlled Tripod
With the Humixx 2-in-1 Selfie Stick Wireless Remote Controlled Tripod, you get twice the performance as it can be used as a selfie stick for smartphones as well as a tripod for action cameras. The stick is made from high-quality materials and finished with anodic oxidation to protect it from rust. The clamp is lined with silicone to protect your device. It has a 360-degree rotation and a 210-degree flip for the best angles. There is a wireless remote to capture images or videos from up to 10 meters away.
6. LifeStyle Designs New HD Flexible Tripod & Selfie Stick
Considered as one of the best and most used selfie sticks available online, the LifeStyle Designs New HD Flexible Tripod & Selfie Stick stands out for all the right reasons. It can be used with any smartphone, camera, or GoPro action camera. The Bluetooth remote works from up to 30 feet away. The flexible tripod legs make it easy to attach to wrap around any surface. All three legs can be combined to form a single handle for an excellent selfie stick. Made from anodized aluminum, this stick is built to last. It is compact, lightweight, and easy to use.
5. Fugetek Selfie Stick & Tripod
The Fugetek Selfie Stick & Tripod combines the performance of both products and delivers it in one compact and portable device. It comes with a wireless Bluetooth remote that can be used to capture images and videos from a distance easily. When used as a selfie stick, the arm can extend up to 51 inches for amazing angles. The handle has a rubber grip for superb stability. It is compatible with Android and Apple smartphones as well as GoPro action cameras.
4. BlitzWolf Extendable Selfie Stick
One of the standout features the BlitzWolf Selfie Stick delivers is the ability to capture images and videos from 33 feet away using a Bluetooth remote control. The included 65 mAh battery in the remote lasts for up to 50,000 images. Made from aluminum alloy, the selfie stick is durable and lightweight. With a 360 degree rotation, you can capture at amazing angles. With a maximum extension of 7.87 inches, images and videos look spectacular. The selfie stick is compatible with a number of smartphones and action cameras and can fit devices ranging from 3.6 inches to 6.0 inches in width.
3. Anker Bluetooth Highly-Extendable Selfie Stick
Anker is a well-known company that produces some of the best tech gadgets money can buy and their Bluetooth highly-extendable selfie stick shows us exactly what that is. At full length, the stick can be used to capture images and videos from 29.7 inches away. It is made from lightweight and sturdy aluminum alloy while the ergonomic handle makes for a tight grip. On a single charge, this stick can last up to 20 hours so you never have to miss out on your favorite moment again. The stick is compatible with any Android and Apple device between 2.2 and 3.3 inches in width.
2. Fugetek FT-568 Professional High-End Selfie Stick
The Fugetek FT-568 Professional High-End Selfie Stick is a high-quality accessory which can extend up to 49 inches for absolutely amazing photos and videos. The handle comes with an anti-slip grip for added stability, a feature you should always look for in a selfie stick. Furthermore, the stick is compatible with all smartphones running on Android 4.3 and newer as well as Apple devices. The wireless remote makes capturing selfies easy and has a 300 hour standby time whereas the mount is also compatible with GoPro action cameras.
1. Mpow Bluetooth Monopod Selfie Stick
The Mpow Selfie Stick is a certified smartphone accessory built to not only perform but to also withstand a fair amount of abuse long-term. It has a Bluetooth wireless remote that can be used from a maximum distance of 10 meters or 30 feet. The adjustable head rotates up to 270 degrees which makes taking selfies and group photos easy. The body extends up to 31.5 inches for great looking images and videos. Also worth mentioning is that this ingenious selfie stick is light in weight and reasonably compact for easy portability. Last but not least, its holder is lined with padding for added cushioning so as to best protect your smartphone at all times.
What To Look For In A Selfie Stick
Without any prior research, one could simply go for looks alone when choosing a selfie stick, which wouldn’t be such a great idea all things considered. As we said, the market has been flooded with sub-par models over these past few years, a good enough reason for you to take that extra step in finding out precisely what you’re in for. Anything from a selfie stick’s construction, length, or design to its versatility and flexibility can impact the overall quality of the selfie stick. So before delving into what makes a good selfie stick, maybe we should first figure out what they’re all about.
What Are Selfie Sticks?
Selfie sticks are cheaper versions of a “Monopod” – which is a tripod without two legs. These sticks are utilized by photographers to gain steadiness while clicking a picture from arm’s length distance, allowing the photographer to easily fit into the frame. Some selfie sticks come designed with a special trigger to click the picture, while others don’t. These sticks are designed to work with camera phones and have now taken the world by storm.
Types of Selfie Sticks
Asking a stranger to click your photograph could sometimes be embarrassing, but if you have a selfie stick you do not need to rely on others and click your own masterpieces. In this way, you can properly angle yourself to click a group picture or a picture of yourself with ease. With their vast popularity, ease of use, and quick development, it makes perfect sense that selfie sticks now come in different types.
- Bluetooth Selfie Stick – Considered as one of the easiest to use, this type of selfie stick operates with the help of Bluetooth. This selfie stick is designed with a tiny remote control or comes with a button on the edge of the stick. After pairing the stick with your device, simply clip it onto the holder and press the button or remote control to take the picture whenever you are ready.
- Manual Selfie Stick – Using this type of selfie stick might not be as easy as a Bluetooth selfie stick. This type requires users to manually use a timer on their smartphone to take the shot. To utilize this type of a selfie stick you have to clip the phone onto the holder and while ensuring the camera is on, tap on the timer and quickly position yourself before the timer goes off and the picture clicks.
- Wired Selfie Stick – This type of selfie stick comes designed with a cable that needs to be plugged into your smartphone. There is no pairing needed. As soon as you plug the wire into the phone, you are ready to click your pictures. At the end of the stick is an inbuilt button that needs to be pressed when you are ready to click the picture. On pressing the button, the camera is sent a signal via the cable and the image is clicked instantly.
- Portability – A good selfie should be compact in size and light in weight when folded so that you can carry it in your handbag, purse or backpack with ease. With the ability to extend up to 30 to 40 inches, you should have enough space between you and the camera to allow the people in the image to fit inside the limited space. There are a variety of sizes that are available today and the length of the stick depends on the person’s personal preference.
- Adjustability – While holding the phone with the selfie stick, you must ensure that your phone is safely secured. A good selfie stick comes with an adjustable mount that can be rotated to the angle you require. The holder of the stick should be rubberized and should allow you to comfortably insert and remove the phone. Most selfie sticks come with a flexible and adjustable mount that allows a 180-degree rotation.
- Connectivity – Try to remember that some selfie sticks come with inbuilt buttons while some are connected via Bluetooth. Some do not come with any connectivity and require manual operation. The type of connectivity depends on your personal preference. If you want to go for something simple and quick, you should try the cable type selfie stick. This does not require any pairing and just needs a quick click of the button that is located at the end of the stick, to click the picture. However, the drawback is that you cannot use this type of selfie stick if you would like to record audio, as the audio jack is busy. A better option, in this case, would be a Bluetooth selfie stick.
- Construction – The quality of the stick should always be of utmost importance when looking for a specific type of selfie stick. A durable, reliable stick is always recommended as this device would obviously be used on a regular basis. Choose a selfie stick that is solid, made of durable materials, and at the same time one that is light in weight. A stick with a good grip or a textured handle is always a good option in that regard.
- Camera Control – A selfie stick that allows easy control of the camera is definitely one that stands apart from most of the basic models. In such a stick, the camera button or the remote control should always be at reach and should be quick at responding. Controlling the camera is another factor that depends on your personal preference as this can differ on the many varieties of selfie sticks you come across.