Although they are not all built to the same standards, good thermoses can keep your favorite beverage at a drinking temperature for hours at a time. Even the lesser models do that to some extent, of course, but you don’t really want any of those considering how inexpensive even the good ones are. In fact, the price difference between a good thermos and a mediocre one cannot
justify the lesser purchase, not unless you plan on never using the thermos.
On average, a decent thermos can maintain the temperature of whatever liquid you pour within up to ten hours or more. The length of time varies from one model to another, of course, but you can expect a good one to not only keep your cold drinks cold and your hot drinks warm but to do so without any risk of spillage. To give you a good idea of what a good thermos looks like, we put together a list of the ten best thermoses the market has to offer at this point in time.
10. Zojirushi SJ-TE10XA 34-Ounce Tuff Sports
Made from premium quality stainless steel, the Zojirushi SJ-TE10XA 34-Ounce Tuff Sports Bottle is designed with durable, double wall insulation that ensures your hot and cold beverages maintain its temperature for long periods of time. Featuring a non-stick inner lining, this thermos is convenient and easy to clean. Equipped with a cup lid that can be screwed on easily, it can be used as a drinking cup on-the-go. Thanks to its specially designed handle with a durable strap, this thermos can be carried around with ease.
9. Corkcicle Canteen Water Bottle & Thermos
Available in an array of vibrant colors, the Corkcicle Canteen Classic Collection-Water Bottle & Thermos is a stylish bottle that keeps hot beverages hot for 12 hours and cold beverages cold for over 25 hours. Made from a premium grade shatterproof stainless steel, the interior lining helps to preserve the taste and flavor of the drink. Equipped with a triple-layered insulation, this thermos is durable, reliable and extremely convenient to carry. Featuring a screw-on cover that is threaded to prevent any leaking, the thermos comes with a stable anti-slip base and sides with good grip.
8. Stainless King 68 Stainless Steel Thermos
To ensure maximum temperature retention, the Thermos Stainless King 68 is designed with the latest Thermos vacuum insulation technology that maintains the temperature of both hot and cold liquids for up to 24 hours. Crafted with a high-quality stainless steel interior and exterior, this thermos ensures you do not get burned with hot liquids and keeps the exterior condensation-free with cold liquids. With a 2 liter capacity, the thermos comes with a stainless steel serving cup that also works as a lid. Thanks to its twist and pour nozzle, you can enjoy quick and easy pouring without removing the stopper.
7. Thermos Stainless King 24 Ounce Drink Bottle
Featuring the unique thermos vacuum insulation technology, the Thermos Stainless King 24 Ounce Drink Bottle aims at retaining the temperature of your hot beverages for up to 12 hours and cold for 24 hours. Designed with a sturdy stainless steel exterior and interior, this thermos ensures you do not burn your hands when filled with hot liquids while staying moisture-free when filled with cold drinks. Equipped with a convenient push-button operation, the lid is leak-proof and screws on tight.
6. Thermos Vacuum Insulated Compact Bottle Beverage Bottle
Thanks to the latest Thermos Vacuum insulation technology, the Thermos Vacuum Insulated 25 Ounce Compact Bottle Beverage Bottle locks in the temperature of hot beverages for up to 18 hours and cold beverages for up to 24 hours while preserving the freshness and flavor of the drink. Designed and crafted with high quality 18/8 stainless steel, this heavy duty thermos can be utilized on an everyday basis. Featuring a simple twist and pour nozzle with an inbuilt stainless steel cup it makes it convenient to pour yourself a quick drink no matter where you are. Light in weight and compact in size, this thermos is space efficient and stays cool to touch when filled with hot drinks and moisture-free with cold beverages.
5. Thermos Vacuum Insulated Hydration Bottle
With a capacity of 18 ounces, the Thermos Vacuum Insulated Hydration Bottle comes with a durable stainless steel construction. Featuring a convenient flip-top lid and an inbuilt sipper, the lid comes with a button that automatically pops open the lid when pressed. Thanks to the special Thermos patented vacuum insulation, it helps to lock in the temperature of your beverage while maintaining its freshness and taste. Unlike other thermoses, this bottle also features an additional clasp that ensures you do not experience leakages or spilling while traveling.
4. Stanley Classic Vacuum Bottle Thermos
Made from 18/8 high-quality stainless steel, the Stanley Classic Vacuum Bottle Thermos is anti-rust and free from BPA. Featuring an insulated cup measuring 8 ounces, it also works as a lid for the thermos. Measuring 3.80 inches in length and 14.25 inches in height, it is light in weight and extremely portable. Leak-proof and durable, this thermos also comes with a sturdy handle on its side, which enables easy carrying.
3. Thermos Stainless King Beverage Bottle
Uniquely crafted to retain the temperature of hot and cold liquids for up to 24 hours without damaging the freshness and taste of the drink, the Thermos Stainless King Beverage Bottle comes with the latest Thermos patented vacuum insulation. With a high-quality stainless steel exterior and interior, this thermos ensures the bottle is cool with hot beverages and free from condensation with cold beverages. Thanks to the convenient twist and pour function, you can easily pour out your drinks without removing the stopper. With a large 40-ounce storage capacity, this bottle also comes with a handy insulated lid that works as a serving cup as well.
2. Thermos Funtainer 12 Ounce Bottle Thermos
Designed for keeping cold beverages cold, the Thermos Funtainer 12 Ounce Bottle Thermos features the advanced THERMOS vacuum insulation technology that helps to retain the temperature of the liquid for up to 12 hours. Made with high-quality stainless steel interior and exterior, this thermos features an easy to use push button lid that pops up a straw for easy sipping. Thanks to its sturdy carry handle it allows easy mobility and is ideal for utilizing while traveling.
1. Contigo AUTOSEAL West Loop Travel Mug
Known for its premium quality and durability, the Contigo West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug comes with the latest Autoseal technology that ensures you do not experience any leaking or spilling. Featuring the special Thermalock Vacuum insulation, this thermos keeps hot drinks hot for up to 5 hours and cold beverages cold for 12 hours. Equipped with a sturdy handle and a convenient push-button lid, this thermos allows easy and quick one-handed sipping on the go.
What To Look For In A Thermos
You are unlikely to find a good thermos if you do not take the time to first learn about the specifics of a decent model and the features that best describe a reliable unit. In principle, a thermos is a handy apparatus that is utilized to store hot and cold liquids while providing thermal insulation, helping it retain its temperature over long periods of time. Featuring double walls and insulated interiors with silver linings, it helps to store your favorite beverages for hours without altering its taste or freshness.
Types Of Thermoses
- Liquid Thermos: This type of thermos is designed to store all kinds of liquids, ensuring they stay warm or cold throughout the day. These can be used for coffee, tea, cold drinks and any other kind of beverages. On average, these thermoses are reasonably good at dealing with changes in outside temperature, in the sense that you can expose them to the elements without the fear that they will spoil whatever beverage you use them for.
- Food Thermos: This type of thermos comes with a larger storage capacity that allows users to store food items. Soups, noodles, rice, or any food item that requires pre-heating can be stored in a food thermos and with the certainty that they will not spoil too quickly. We should also point out that these thermoses are available in various sizes and that the size affects both the price tag and their availability.
Advantages of Using A Thermos
Maintaining Optimal Temperature
Ideal for traveling, thermoses are designed to maintain the temperature of your hot and cold beverages for extended periods of time. If you are a regular tea or coffee drinker you can prepare a bottle full of your favorite and store it in a thermos and enjoy it at its original temperature for up to 24 hours. Thermoses keep your beverages fresh and tasty and do not damage the flavor of the drink.
Thermoses definitely help to save money because they allow users to enjoy fresh drinks on the go. If you do not own a thermos you would have to sit at a coffee shop or a café to enjoy a fresh drink. Simply prepare your drink at home and carry it with you so that you can enjoy it throughout the day. Needless to say, this will end up saving you an awful lot of money in the long-run as you no longer have to purchase your favorite drink every time you feel like drinking a cup.
Thermoses are available in a variety of sizes and capacities that allow users to carry as much as they want so that they can carry it through the day. These insulated bottles come with inbuilt lids that also work as caps that seal on tightly ensuring you do not experience spills and allow you to enjoy a quick drink on the go. Thermoses are extremely handy and convenient while you travel, camp or hike as they offer you with refreshments no matter where you may be.
What To Consider
- Durability – based on the use of the thermos, it is important to ensure you buy one that is durable and made from good quality materials. Sturdy, heavy duty thermoses made from stainless steel last longer and are a better choice if you travel a lot. With the many brands and models available in the market today, it is vital to check the durability of the thermos you select. Also, proper maintenance and care would definitely increase the durability of the product.
- Leak-proof – Always choose a model that is designed with a tight leak-proof lid. You wouldn’t want your beverage spilled all over your handbag while you travel. A screw-on lid is a good option and is also very easy to remove or put on. This type of thermos is perfect for particularly hot beverages which have the tendency to leak out by dilating the rubber seal that most lids are equipped with.
- Convenience – Thermoses come designed with a variety of convenient features and functions like handles, rubberized grips, push-button operation, and pop-up sippers. This solely depends on personal preference and something that would make it easier for you to use. Bear in mind that a good thermos absolutely has to be ergonomic by nature and easy to handle; just as convenient as it has to be in terms of storage and transport.
- Environmentally-friendly – For those who are concerned about the environment, it is more beneficial to choose a thermos that is free from BPA and made with non-toxic elements. Glass and stainless steel thermoses are eco-friendly and much better options, as they offer reliability and durability above everything else. While not all people look for eco-friendly thermoses, it does pay to invest in one long-term for obvious reasons.
- Straw/Sipper – Many are those who would like easy mess-free drinking without having to remove the lid every time they want to have a sip of their beverage. In this regard, multiple models come equipped with straws and sippers that pop up after pushing a button on the lid. These types of thermoses are ideal for those who travel a lot and also for families with children because most thermoses regardless of price tag are prone to spilling and leaking.